Service Delivery Architects perform a critical role within Xigent Solutions (Xigent). Architects serve as the primary resource delivering technical solutions and services to Xigent clients. They act as trusted advisors in delivering design, implementation, and support of reliable and secure solutions. Architects always strive to maintain service excellence while delivering client outcomes. They enjoy working in collaboration with our service delivery, sales, and client success managers to achieve service excellence on every engagement.
The Cloud Architect is responsible for the delivery of cloud-related services and products for our clients. Being a member of the team, you are expected to be a thought-leader within the team. Your key responsibility is to map business requirements into actual solutions and help implement them by leveraging agile methodologies using cloud computing services, technologies, and business processes. In this role, you will uncover and translate client requirements, develop technical product roadmaps, and engineer/architect technical solutions across a host of unique product lines including cloud-based environments, platforms, and CI/CD pipelines.
This role requires experience in Cloud technologies, Cloud Design, System Administration, Configuration Management Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Development (CD), Release Management and Cloud implementations. Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing lifecycle (STLC) and Software Development Methodologies including Agile.
- Interact with client information technology associates to drive IT outcomes and facilitate the spread of technical and process competency.
- Lead our cloud adoption efforts from idea generation through implementation including needs analysis, design, cost/benefit, implementation, knowledge transfer and support. Our current strategy is to leverage Microsoft Azure, AWS, and Google.
- Responsible for developing and enforcing cloud governance, architecture, operating procedures, monitoring, and system standards.
- An understanding of the practical application of DevOps philosophy and agile methods to:
- Guide and develop programmable infrastructure (Infrastructure as Code) and utilize appropriate configuration management tools.
- Build and maintain Continuous/Integration and Continuous/Delivery (CI/CD) processes and pipelines to automate deployments.
- Incorporate Continuous Configuration Automation (CCA) – Build automation around all phases of the cloud lifecycle, automating responses to failures, and increasing general efficiency of operational tasks.
- Guide our team of infrastructure engineers to build and extend infrastructure to the public cloud to support our client’s enterprise and business applications through migration and/or refactorization as needed.
- Conduct continuous research on emerging cloud technologies in support of infrastructure development efforts and recommend technologies that will effectively govern and increase the effectiveness in costs, management, and flexible infrastructure.
- Provide 3rd level IaaS, PaaS, server, storage, and other infrastructure-related support.
- Monitor and analyze infrastructure performance, availability, and capacity to recommend enhancements to support current and future business requirements.
- Ideal candidate will have at least 10 years experience in systems engineering/infrastructure architecture, and at least 5 years of hands-on experience supporting cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud for an organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Business or a related major is preferred.
- Certification(s) in administering and/or architecting cloud-based technologies is preferred. (e.g., Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator Associate, Azure Solutions Architect Expert, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified Solutions Architect).
- Strong scripting skills and working experience with Infrastructure as Code.
- Working experience with CI/CD tools and processes, configuration management, automation tools and methodologies. (e.g. Azure DevOps, DSC, ARM Templates, PowerShell, etc.).
- Working knowledge/previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server; Active Directory Administration and Security; Group Policy; Security Compliance and Remediation; Server, Virtualization and Storage design, implementation, and administration.
- Exposure to SDLC, Agile development and Waterfall methodologies.
- Knowledge of the following will help you stand out:
- Azure DevOps, Terraform, Ansible, Desired State Configuration (DSC), JSON, YAML.
- Experience with Azure Automation, orchestration, and configuration management tools.
- Understanding of networking (subnetting, routing, VPC / VNet, security groups, load balancing, etc.).
- VMWare product (vCenter, vSphere, Horizon/View, vRealize) VCP certification considered a plus.
- Storage (SAN and NAS) technologies. Platforms such as EMC, NetApp, Pure Storage, HP 3PAR and Nimble, etc. Certifications considered a plus.
- Backup/Recovery and Disaster Recovery technology experience. Platforms such as Veeam, Commvault, Cohesity, and Zerto. Certifications considered a plus.
- Team player who integrates easily and communicates with a positive attitude.
- Able to identify where support is required and proactively provide it.
- Be committed to providing outstanding customer service (internally & externally).
- Need to be energetic and self-motivated, thriving in a hands-on environment and require minimum management supervision.
- Need to be flexible and adaptable – excited by new ideas and willing to pick up and work with new initiatives no matter how unfamiliar.
- Organized – managing workload and delivering multiple activities simultaneously.
- Strong ability to cultivate relationships with clients, Xigent teammates, and partners.
- Attention to detail, plus analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Positive, service-oriented personality.
Why Work at Xigent?
At Xigent, we specialize in delivering greater business outcomes through IT services and solutions for midsized organizations. We pride ourselves not only in our exemplary customer service, but also in the partners we carefully select to work with, right down to the staff we hire. We believe that the strongest, most productive business relationships are built on a foundation of trust, transparency, accountability, and a demand for continuous improvement. That is why we expect our five core values to shine in everything we do as a company and every person we bring on board:
- The Fire Within!
Drive continuous improvement and measurable value with a tenacious pursuit of excellence
- Be One Team
One team, one goal = Greater Results
- Be Real
Cultivate relationships with honesty and transparency
- Build the “Wow”
Drive value through differentiating capabilities
- Method Over Madness
Operate feely within a culture of discipline
Visit www.xigentsolutions.com to learn more.